Finding the right blow dryer for your natural hair is vital as that will ensure that your hair stays safe with no heat damage. It can be a little challenging, however, to manage and maintain your natural hair, especially if it is thick or curly, and it takes time for styling. Do you want to protect your hair structure and roots and keep them shiny and healthy at all times? Well, then you’ve come to the right place as we have gone through the full list of options out there and come up with our top 5 best blow dryer for natural hair.
Top 5 Best Blow Dryer For Natural Hair
- Best Overall Choice – Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
- Best Premium Option – Skanwen Professional Hair Dryer
- Best Budget Option – Slopehill Professional Ionic Hairdryer
- Best Drying Option – SHRATE Ionic Hair Dryer
- Best Power Option – Turbo Power Twin Turbo 3200 Hair Dryer
1. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer (Best Overall Choice)
- Helps prevent extreme heat damage
- Rated power 1600 watts
- Has a powerful motor
- Temperature measured 20 times every second
Verdict: Yes, its Dyson, and Yes its expensive. But this is without question the best blow dryer out there in the market and a worthwhile investment to anyone looking for something that is pure quality that will last you a lifetime. This Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer provides ultra-fast drying, has a high-velocity airflow, and keeps the temperature in control by measuring it 20 times a second. Whether you have straight, wavy, or curly hair this will work in an amazing manner as it helps prevent extreme heat damage and retains the shine in your hair. With a smoothing nozzle, concentrator, and diffuser, this fuchsia and iron-colored hair dryer comes with a powerful motor and magnetic attachments. An amazing choice that you can’t go wrong with.
- High drying power
- Light-weight and balanced
- Easy to hold
- It is a little pricey
2. Skanwen Professional Hair Dryer (Best Premium Option)
- Quick drying in 5 minutes
- Constant temperature protection
- Hot and cold alternate button
- 3 concentrator nozzles
Verdict: Also at the higher price end is this excellent Skanwen Professional Hair Dryer, which is all quality for what you’re looking for in a dryer. With an overheat protection brushless motor, this hair dryer helps you dry your hair 5-6 times faster than normal. It has a 40% higher airflow speed, prevents dryness, and comes with multiple 5 mode button options, including hot air, cold air, fluffy button, and quick dry button. Also, it ensures constant temperature hair care, reduces moisture loss, and is versatile enough to cater to all kinds of hair.
- It has a low noise
- Comes with different accessories for hairstyles
- Has 3 number speeds
- Not as aesthetically pleasing as the other options
3. Slopehill Professional Ionic Hairdryer (Best Budget Option)
- 1800 watts power
- High-quality ceramic
- Dust-free non-removable cover
- Made from bio-ceramic technology
Verdict: If you’re looking for something less expensive, then this Slopehill Professional Ionic Hairdryer must be on your list. It has been specially designed to protect your hair during hair drying and has a high-speed stable airflow and infrared heat, making your hair strong and smooth. One of the best blow dryers for natural hair is dust-free, has noise reduction, is explosion-proof, and is suitable for all ages for use at home. Moreover, it has 3 heating settings, ion, and bio-ceramic technology, all of which ensures good hair care.
- It has a foldable handle
- It reduces static
- It is ultra-strong and reliable
- Short cord length
4. SHRATE Ionic Hair Dryer (Best Drying Option)
- 1800 watts power
- Made from high-quality polycarbonate
- Overheating protection device
Verdict: The SHRATE Ionic Hair Dryer is our pick as the best drying option, which prevents entry of dust, reduces moisture loss of hair, prevents overheating, and lets your hair retain its shine. It has a strong airflow, dries your hair without hurting, and has an engine speed of around 20,000 rpm. It also comes with 3 different nozzles, and all of them have different wind speeds, which means you can style your hair in whatever way you want. It has zero radiation, an overheating protection device, and a leakage protection plug.
- Improves hair gloss
- Made from negative ion technology
- Produces fast and stable airflow
- Takes some time to heat up
5. Turbo Power Twin Turbo 3200 Hair Dryer (Best Power Option)
- 2000 Hr K lamination motor
- 3 meters of cable
- 490 grams in weight
- 4 temperature options
Verdict: Incredibly popular as one of the best blow dryer for natural hair among professionals, this Turbo Power Twin Turbo Hair Dryer with a 2000 Hr K lamination motor will completely live up to your expectations. With a removable stainless-steel filter, it is compact, light-weight, yet an ultra-powerful and advanced hair dryer. It has 4 different temperature settings, including instant cold air when you want to retain your hair. Equipped with two nozzles, one for drying and one for blow-waves, this all-black hair dryer can be the ideal accessory for all your hairstyling needs. An excellent choice.
- It has an anti-overheating device
- It is made in Italy
- It has stainless steel filter for easy maintenance
- None that we can really think of but maybe aesthetics, although we still love the look of it.
What to Look Out for When Choosing the Best Blow Dryer for Natural Hair
The efficiency of a hair dryer is determined by its power or watts, so the higher the power is, the better it will be for use. Basic hair dryers’ range between 1000 to 1800 watts, while professional ones are above 1800 watts.
Make sure you check the heat temperature in your dryer as a higher temperature can burn or damage your hair. Opt for a dryer that allows you to adjust heat settings as it will keep your hair strong and healthy.
Most hair dryers come with extra attachments, including diffusers, nozzles, and combs. The more attachments you have, the better it will be for your styling.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is a hair dryer suitable for hair?
Yes, a hair dryer with good heat protection, settings, and adjustments will help keep your hair safe, healthy, and shiny at all times.
2. What things should I consider in a hair dryer?
If you want an effective hair dryer, look for a few features including watts/power, attachments, heat control, easy handling, and if the hair dryer is light-weight.