If you have a BBQ party coming up, you will want to ready the proper equipment for an amazing outdoor experience. However, if you don’t currently have a well-functioning gas grill, you must be on the lookout for one! This can be a tough decision as there is a horde of options at various price levels. How do you know which to pick?
Well, if you are stuck in this dilemma as well, luckily for you, your worries are over as we have put together a list of the best gas grills for under $300. Now we want to mention that when we did this review, we had initially come up with options that were all under $300, but we have included some in the list below (Char Broil, Camp Chef and Weber), slightly over that price range just due to how good quality they are and being worth the price. Also note that some go out of stock quite quickly, but look for similar options within the same brand offered or a different color. These are the pick of gas grills we have reviewed, they work perfectly, are affordable, and come with modern grilling features.
Top 5 Best Gas Grills for Under $300
There are certain features and attributes you should look out for before investing in a gas grill. This includes temperature controls, range, cooking area, portability, and durability. All of this can be achieved for under $300. Here’s the definitive list of the five best gas grills for under $300:
- Top Choice Overall –Char-Broil 463377319
- Best for High Heating Power / Best Premium Option – Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro 40
- Best for Camping – Camp Chef Big Gas Grill
- Best Budget Option – Weber Q2200
- Best Portable Option – Coleman RoadTrip 285
Char-Broil 463377319 – op Choice Overall
- Side shelves available for increased workspace
- Side burner with 10,000 BTU capacity
- Lid-mounted temperature control system
- Made of stainless steel and weighs about 81 pounds
Verdict: The Char-Broil performance model is one of the best gas grills on our list. This grill is extremely powerful with four burner grills. It has cast-iron gates with porcelain coats.
If you are going to be using your new grill to make meals for large parties, the dual side shelves will definitely come in handy. The side burner provides about 10,000 joules of energy so you can easily cook any dishes on there. There is of course an incorporated thermometer which will ensure that your grill is warmed up perfectly to the correct temperature.
The weight of the grill itself is about 85 pounds and there are seven-inch wheels for moving it around easily. The grill is easily started through its push-button ignition, a new feature in modern grills. There is also a warming rack to keep the buns of your burgers at optimal temperature until you are ready to eat.
There is a five-year warranty period on the four burners of the grill, two-year warranty on the lid and the firebox, and a one-year warranty on the rest of the gas grill. Char-broil is certainly among the best gas grill for under $300.
- Side shelves give you extra space to put your tools on
- Lid-mounted temperature control ensures the ignition doesn’t get out of hands
- 10,000 BTU capacity of side burner keeps sauces toasty
- Chef’s delite tray offer greater cooking versatility
- Affordable price tag
- Might face slight issues with assembly, but nothing too difficult
Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro 40 – Best for High Heating Power / Best Premium Option
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Premium grill that runs on propane gas
- Three burners with separate control knobs
- 630 square inch cooking area
- Steel structure
- Removable grease cup
Verdict: The Char-grill gas grill may look similar in set-up to the brand’s actual coal grill, but there are three burners made of stainless steel, giving off about 40,800 BTU of power to turn you into a chef making delicious meals.
The outer covering of this grill is made from a highly durable material which will last for a long time in outdoor weather. There is 438 inches of area for you to grill on. The warming rack will keep your buns toasty on 192 square inches.
This grill starts with an electronic button for easy ignition. The design of this gas grill is one of an open cart and all the steel parts have been coated with black powder. One of the primarily issues with this grill is that it comes unassembled parts will first need to be joined together. There are about 24 unassembled parts, so it can take a while and effort to come together. However, regardless of this, we believe that once assembled this grill certainly deserves a name on the list of the best gas grills under $300.
- One of the best warranty offers
- Strong and sturdy base
- Grates are made from cast-iron with porcelain covering
- Flame ports may clog easily, so clean often
- There are no heat shields in the set-up
- It might slightly complicated to put together, but nothing really hard
Camp Chef Big Gas Grill – Best for Camping
- Cast iron grill grates
- Comes with three burners which give off 30,000 BTU of heat
- Detachable steel legs
- 3-foot gas hose and regulator
Verdict: The Camp Chef grill has a similar structure to a traditional stove with 608 inches of cooking area. There are three cast-iron burners and the legs of the grill are removable as well to be height-adjustable to the person cooking.
With 30,000 BTU of power, the grill has sufficient capacity to create delicious BBQ meals for parties of any size. It comes with a regulator and a hose to keep you safe in case the ignition gets out of control. With a durable structure, good heating system, and detachable legs that allow you to adjust the grill anywhere, this gas grill also makes for a great device for making meals in camps and on hikes.
All of these great features at a reasonable price tag have secured this grill a place on this list of the best gas grills for under $300.
- Comes with a grill box in the package
- Provides 90,000 BTUs of energy
- Removable legs that can be adjusted according to your height
- Comes with a heat regulator
- Needs consistent and regular maintenance
- Not easy to clean
- Only 1-year of warranty
- May not give off consistent heat
Weber Q2200 – Best Budget Option
- 280 square inches of cooking area
- 12,000 BTU per hour
- Stainless steel burner
- Built-in thermometer
- Electrical ignition
- Two side tables that fold
Verdict: This may not be one of the best grills ever produced by the Weber company, but it is certainly one of the best budget options on the gas grill market and gets the job done. With 280 square inches of space to cook, this small-sized gas grill is perfect to carry around with you throughout travel and trips. You will easily be able to make about 10-12 burgers at the same time.
This Weber grill has a thermometer installed which makes it easy to adjust and regulate the temperature as needed. The lid is at a distance from the top so there is ample space to cook full mini roasts and side dishes.
One of the cons of this grill is the low heat energy output at only 12,000 BTU, which means there are certain dishes that you will struggle to cook on this grill. But overall, this is a great option if you are looking for a cheap but powerful gas grill for under $300.
- Easy to assemble and set up
- Easy to operate
- Large cooking area
- Folding side tables provide extra space
- Made of heavy-duty material which hinders portability
Coleman RoadTrip 285 – Best Portable Option
- 285 square inches of cooking space
- Two burners with separate temperature control
- 20m000 BTUs of energy
- Quick-fold legs
- Push-button ignition
- 3-year warranty period
Verdict: This small cooking grill has an area of 285 square inches for cooking. This makes this grill a great portable option for outdoor fun and traveling. There are three attached burners for optimum temperature control plus two side tables for cooking several dishes at once. Alternatively, you can place all of your cooking equipment on these tables.
Moreover, the ignition is controlled by a button which makes it easy to start the grill. You can choose from a range of five different colors. It gives off 20,000 BTU which means you can cook across a good heating range.
- Powerful heating prowess
- Resistant to wind
- Stainless steel grates with porcelain coating
- Versatile and durable
- Heavy for a portable grill
- Comes with only one side table
- No option for charcoal heat
There are several factors you need to look out for when choosing your new gas grill. These include structure, material, burners, gates, and warranty. By considering these, you will be able to purchase a reasonable and great-quality gas grill for your next BBQ party or parties! You can start with this list as these have certainly justified their place on this list of best gas grills for under $300.